Target has been killing it lately with it’s wide selection of home decor pieces – and to my wonderous surprise, I was over-whelmed with the jaw dropping Boho home decorating items that looked like something you could collect on an exotic vacation. Before we get into the fantastic finds at Target, a little bit about “Boho” or Bohemian decorating. Bohemian interiors are inspired by artists traveling to Europe, Asia, Africa, or South America. Travelers bring home their unique findings and transform their home into what we call interior design. These spaces are defined with a lot of color, art, textiles and textures. For my Bohemian Home Decor Style on a Budget at Target, I’ve separated my finds into Styled Rooms (living room, dining room(s), and bedroom), Wall Art, Rugs, Pillows and Poufs. With lots of furniture and accessories from the styled rooms as great options to get a home decorated in Boho style. If you haven’t signed up to get the Target Red Card, its so easy, check it out here – you get 5% Off every day, early access to exclusive extras, free shipping on most items, and extended returns. A lot of the items below are currently on sale for a limited time, but Target often has sales on and off on home decor, so you can get killer deals like this one. Let’s now pretend that we are decorating our home from various Boho finds from around the world. What did we collect?
Boho Living Room
As a starting base when decorating a living room, I started by picking out this fabulous Boho rug with it’s dark gorgeous eye-catching pattern. Next I added a modern low profile neutral white couch, and then added touches of gold, coppers, and metallics, from the coffee table, drapes, wall art and light fixture, as well as creme and white textures from the pouf and seat of the chair. All items from Target below:
- Sara Rug – love the bohemian all organic earthy natural color palette
- Modern Low Profile Deep Seat Upholstered Sofa – divine in the snow color
- Manila Hammered Barrel Coffee Table
- End Table Light Brown – nice long legs on this end table
- Fes Arm Chair White Teak – love the crochet textured seat
- Black Traditions Made Modern Pouf | Beige Chunky Wool Round Pouf
- Metallic Embroidered Window Covers in Sour Creme
- Light Fixture – Winnet Twig Shade Pendant
- Mi Casa Throw Pillow | Black Global Lumbar Pillow | Eye Lumbar Pillow
- Wall Art – Circulation by Minjae Lee | Framed Watercolor Buffalo | Good Vibes Only Art Print | Steer Head Skull | Wall Hanging Brass | Metal Wall Art by Nate Berkus
- Accessories – on coffee table: Artificial Succulent in White Pot | Pom Basket Tray | on side table: Artificial Layered Leaf Plant
Worth Noting: the dark background and neutral copper and browns from the Sara Rug served as a base to ground the living room. Adding the snow white couch and other creme and gold tones brought out the various colors in the rug. According to Target, their Bohemian collection of rugs, like the one above, is all-organic, with exquisitely fine jute pile woven onto a cotton warp and weft, and the rug is biodegradable and recyclable with anti-mildew antimicrobial properties – hand knotted in India. If that doesn’t make me want to sleep on it, roll on it, or dance on it, I don’t know what will. Love it!
And speaking of Love, I’m totally enamored and in love with this art print. Circulation by Minjae Lee is on a Giclee canvas that offers the texture, look and feel of fine-art paintings. Made in the USA with artist-grade canvas, professionally hand-stretched and stapled over North American pine-wood bars in Gallery Wrap style. And best of all, this print comes in 3 different sizes to suit any boho loving space.
Boho Dining Room(s)
On our next stop on the Bohemian Home Decor Style on a Budget at Target, the options for a dining room space got me so excited, I started putting together two separate looks instead of one, cause I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to live in the most.
For my first look, I again started with a Rug that had a neutral base and an earthy diamond design – also equally enticing was the Gela Rug, Soraya Rug or Marolt Rug. Next I added a Metallic Gold Self-Adhesive Removable Wallpaper, also with lines and a diamond pattern. Instead of a typical dining set-up, I opted for more cozy seating with this custom upholstered Settee with a gorgeous yellow print that also remind me of diamonds. I’m starting to see a pattern here with all this diamond business. So you knew there had to be a similar pattern on the creamy colored curtains. Add in an exotic Creole 3 Light Pendant, which would cast some really cool shadows to any space, a solid mango wood buffet made in India, textured rattan dining chairs, eye-catching wall art and you have a cozy boho dining space.
- Merdersa Rug
- Tempaper Thermoscad Self Adhesive Removable Wallpaper
- Woven Window Curtain Panel
- Tilton Fenwick Settee Jumana Yellow
- Steve Dining Table Wood White Ash
- Bangka Dining Chair Wood Natural Set of 2
- Solid Mango Wood Buffet
- Kenroy Creole 3 Light Pendant
- Pillows on Settee: Eye Lumbar Pillow | Yellow Gray En Casa Pillow | Genale Tribal Throw Pillow | Pillows on chairs: Pink Boho Throw Pillow
- Braided Pouf Peach Cheek
- Wall Art: Pretty Mountains Canvas Print | Framed Abstract Wall Canvas | Precious Pineapple I Canvas Print
- Accessories: Mango Wood Taper Candle Holder | Taper Candle Holder Light Wood | Cactus Potted 2 pk | On Table: Artificial Layered Leaf Plant | On Windowsill: Live Edge Wood Sculpture on Stand
Again with the eye-catching art prints, Target – the Pretty Mountains Canvas Print is at the top of my Boho Home Decor Wishlist. This one is a steal at $59.76 and comes in 3 fantastic sizes to choose from. I’m loving the super size 40 x 26 so I can gaze at it from any room angle. Also loving, the Precious Pineapple I Canvas Print (from the – same artist) and the serene, Framed Abstract Wall Canvas – all a lovely combination of art prints.
For my next boho dining room setup, I switched out the settee for an armless ikat version. I really fell in love with the custom upholstered settee in the Himalaya Raspberry color, but the Porcelain blue and Neutral gray colorways were equally appealing. I also liked the idea of a white mid-century modern tulip table (which seats 6) to give a more eclectic feel. The 2 Door Mango Wood Credenza lent a more earthy rustic vibe and the black Teardrop Hammered Metal Pendant Light offered a sleek global touch to the room. Lastly, this rug caught my eye with it’s interlocking hexagon dot print, neutral enough to go with all kinds of decor. Items below:
- Custom Upholstered Armless Loveseat – in Himalaya Raspberry
- Mid-century Round Bevel Edge Tulip Base Table
- 2 Door Mango Wood Credenza
- Teardrop Hammered Metal Pendant Light
- Dot Tile Rug
- Pillow on Settee: Black Global Lumbar Pillow | Pillows on Chairs: Oversized Pink Blue Chevron Pillow
- Accessories on Table: Artificial Plant in Black Pot Small | Artificial Layered Leaf Plant | Abigail Floral Stoneware Bowls
- Poufs: Beige Chunky Wool Round Pouf | Ivory Pompom Round Pouf
- Curtains, Wallpaper, Accessories and Artwork on Credenza (See First Dining Room for info)
In my Bohemian Home Decor Style on a Budget at Target list, the bedroom has to have 3 things: an eye-catching bed, a comfy chair, and a earthy relaxing feel. The Arcadia Nailbutton Patterned Bed in Sahara Midnight had the simple clean lined square headboard and nailheads that I was looking for that could potentially blend into any style decor. I love that it’s available in a mix of bold color choices, and this one also had a diamond-tufted version. As a bonus, you can order a free 2×2 swatch at the Target website. Another Bohemian headboard winner is the rattan Orani Headboard, I just loved it in the dusty teal or white it came in and the boho vintage feel it has. For a beautiful white velvet bed frame option, the Edwardian Upholstered Velvet Bed would turn any bedroom into a cozy refuge. Layering the bed with a fringed throw blanket on the headboard and adding these pillows here, here and here created a bed to dive into. With shiplap being all the rage in home decor, Target offers a fantastic shiplap peel and stick (easily removable) wallpaper in a great neutral ultra white that I used on the wall behind the bed. The chair in the room got me so excited as it reminded me of a beautiful Anthropologie chair, but at a fraction of the cost. To save money I opted to layer a boho style rug over a natural sisal area rug (also shown together at the very top of this post), a great option when budgeting a room space. All Items below:
- Arcadia Nailbutton Patterned Bed in Sahara Midnight
- Makshah Nightstand
- Delany Curved Armless Chair
- End Table Metal
- Windham 2 Door Accent Buffet
- Machine Made Boho Diamond Shag Rug
- Kingston Natural Rug
- Scroll Embroidery Curtain Panel
- Metal Chandelier with Wood Beads
- Globe Mercury Glass Table Lamp
- Divine Color Textured Shiplap Peel and Stick Wallpaper – Ultra White
- Kelsey Round Pouf Ottoman Blue
- Pillows on Bed: Pink Boho Buffalo Throw Pillow | Cream Diamond Throw Pillow | Yarn Dyed Texture Tassel Pillow | Pillow on Chair: Boho Embroidered Pillow with Fringe Trim
- Throw on Headboard: Tassel Throw Pink Stripes
- Accessories: Wood Llama Figure | Artificial Layered Leaf Plant | Artificial Plant in Stand Large
- Wall Art: Cast Metal Steer Head Skull | Agate Shadow Box Teal | Agate Shadow Box Fushia | Hand Made Cotton Wall Hanging Cream
Boho Wall Art
To give your walls a textured exotic boho feel, mix it up with woven tapestries, sunburst mirrors, vibrant baskets, steel deer heads, and anything free-spirited, earthy or southwest to spice up your bohemian wall art space.
- Top Row: Boho Beauty III | Good Vibes Only Framed Art Print | Woven Wall Hanging Blue
- Second Row: Metal Arrow on Wood Plank | Circulation by Minjae Lee | Hand Woven Wall Art Multi Tassel | Cactus on Blue Framed Art Print
- Third Row: Glass Chevrons Set of 3 | Steer Head Skull
- Fourth Row: Framed Watercolor Feathers | Boho Wire Zinnia Medium | Framed Watercolor Buffalo
- Last Row: Framed Watercolor Landscape | Framed Watercolor Owl | Sunburst Framed Decorative Wall Mirror Gold | Woven Flower Wall Decor Turquoise
Another item I wanted to include not shown in the wall art collection above is this Rattan Wicker Wall Art Set 4pc. A great addition to any boho wall space and I love the natural wicker color this comes in. You could display them together, scatter them on a gallery wall, run them horizontally, vertically, or stacked as two or more – lots of options. And additionally also not included in the wall selection above, the Macrame Wall Hanging in Black really captured my attention – loving the stark black and texture this one embodies. Great displayed on a wall with black and white framed pictures.
Target has got your floor covered with its vast array of Bohemian Rug choices in eye-catching prints, textures, and cozy softness. Some of them, machine-made, hand-knotted wool, or distressed and over-dyed add a vintage or boho rustic appeal to any room space. Look for brands like, NuLOOM, Safavieh, or Threshold when thinking about adding a rug to your decor. They have consistantly offered some top rated rugs with eye-catching prints and textures. My favorites of the bunch are, the Sara Rug (as mentioned in my living room look), the Machine Made Boho Diamond Shag Rug (in my bedroom look), and love how the Chroma Overdyed Style Rug Pink looks layered over the Kingston Natural Rug, and the Roma Over dyed Rug is comparable to the Voula Rug above (since sizes are selling out fast). Honestly, there were so many great rugs to choose from I had a hard time narrowing it down to the ones in the pick above.
- Top Row: Flatweave Chevron Area Rug | Jute Braided Flatweave Area Rug | Massa Rug – in beige slate (described as Exotic Boho Glmour)
- Second Row: Pink Hand-Hooked Boho Medallion Area Rug | Sara Rug | Abstract Loomed Area Rug – in Sterling Gray
- Third Row: Machine Made Boho Diamond Shag Rug | Voula Rug (from North African’s anchient Berber Tribes | Pavia Rug
- Last Row: Kingston Natural Rug | Chroma Overdyed Style Rug Pink | Pan Rug
Worth a Note: I’m in love with the fringed Gray Floor Mat by Nate Berkus. I know it’s only 2 x 3, but I’m determined to find a place to use it.
Boho Pillows & Poufs
On my last stop of my Bohemian Home Decor Style on a Budget at Target list, Pillows, Poufs and even Foot Stools are a great way to jazz up any Bohemian loving home decor space. My favorites of the bunch above is the Mi Casa Throw Pillow, the Yarn Dyed Texture Tassel Pillow, and the Ivory Pompom Round Pouf. Really, I love them all. Other pillows I loved on the Target site not shown above were the Green and Gray Woven Square Throw Pillow and the Printed Fringe Square Throw Pillow. Interesting to note, I got so excited when I spotted the Black Global Oversized Lumbar Pillow on an episode of The Property Brothers. It was displayed in a chic porch makeover room – now I want it even more. Poufs and foot stools provide extra seating space and a way to kick up your heels instead of using an ottoman. Item descriptions below:
- Top Row: Mi Casa Throw Pillow | Pink Boho Buffalo Throw Pillow | Yarn Dyed Texture Tassel Pillow
- Second Row: Oversized Pink Blue Chevron Pillow | Boho French Knot Pillow | Traditions Made Modern Throw Pillow
- Third Row: Eye Lumbar Pillow | Cream Pom Dot Square Throw Pillow | Pink Boho Throw Pillow
- Fourth Row: Black Global Oversized Lumbar Throw Pillow | Boho Embroidered Pillow with Fringe Trim & Sequin Embellishments | Striped Lumbar Pillow Pink Multi
- Pillows & Stools: Black Traditions Made Modern Pouf (Southwest Chic) | Braided Pouf Peach Cheek (A Nice Neutral Ombre) | Ivory Pompom Round Pouf | Woven Tripod Accent Stool (Boho Hippie-Chic feel) | Riverplace Round Cone Leg Ottoman ( in the Santa Maria Flower color print)
I just had to throw one more pillow into the mix. Yes, I’m also obsessed with pillows and this Pink Tribal Arrows Throw Pillow drew me way in – and as an added plus, hand made in India. Yay!
I hope you enjoyed this Bohemian Home Decor on a Budget at Target journey and found some kind of inspiration or insight to decorate any of your spaces with Boho Chic Style. But before I go . . .
I just had to share these adorable Gold Llama Bookends. Must. Have. Now. If you liked this post and you’re looking for patio furniture, be sure to check out my Target Patio Decor Trends Post, as well. May the Boho Decor Style Be With You!