Nordstrom has finally unveiled their biggest sale of the year – it’s Anniversary Sale time and I’m ready to shop. If you’re not familiar with this sale, Nordstrom allows their cardholders exclusive access to thousands of new fall items at reduced prices before the Anniversary Sale starts on July 21st. If you’re not a card member already, sign up here to get early access and tons of benefits. This sale is one of a kind, meaning that you get to shop brand-new arrivals at super-sale prices. After the early access from card members, the sale for the public starts July 21st and ends August 6th, and being the biggest sale of the year, items tend to go fast. What I like about this particular sale is that you get to preview early fall items in this sale instead of the usual end of summer sale that many other retailers tend to promote. With a sale like this you have to be strategic, meaning instead of searching pages upon pages of items, I took the approach of searching my favorite brands, such as AG, Splendid, Hunter, Ugg, Free People, Ted Baker London, Madewell, j.crew, Dolce Vita, etc., first, and then searched categories of what I was looking for, for example, shoes, jackets, dresses, etc, to narrow down my search. It’s good to be fast for this sale or you might miss out on something fantastic, such as the j.crew Regent Houndstooth Plaid Blazer (now $165.90), which is now unfortunately sold out (cue the sad face). Yet, in my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks list, I got uber excited with the choices this year.
Nordstrom is my favorite department store, besides Anthropologie and Co., and you can’t beat their free shipping and free return policies. My only criticism that I have for Nordstrom with this sale is that, one, I wish they could take better pictures of their products on their site (take a que from Free People and Anthropologie, Nordies), and two, a lot of these sale items looked like samples that the designers were just marking down to hand out to get their names out there. Which I know is the point, but some of it just looked a little questionable, but maybe that goes back to my first point, better pictures and styling would give us a better view of the product. For my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks, I’ve broken down my selections into the following categories: Dresses, Jackets, Knits, Jeans, Accessories, and Shoes. A lot of pretties, so let the Anniversary Sale Shopping begin . . .
After writing up my recent post on j.crew, I noticed that tulle is a big fall trending item when it’s peeking out of skirts and dresses, so I was delighted when I spotted the Ruffle Hem Midi Dress (now $65.90), (also at the top of this post), for its neutral comfy simplicity. Love the tulle peeking out of the hem – and the dress can easily be dressed up or down.
In the dress department, velvet, embroidery, floral and slipdresses caught my attention. Dress picks below:
- Perfectly Victorian Minidress (now $109.90) I mentioned this dress here
- Next To You Velvet Wrap Dress (now $78.90) Velvet + Mustard = YES!
- Morris Unity Floral Jacquard Dress (now $223.90) a great fit & flare dress
- Leena Floral Print Dress (now $349.90) a luxurious floral satin with ruffles
- Asymmetrical Slipdress (now $35.90) a fantastic basic at a great price
- Raw Edge Slipdress (now $58.90) a light layering piece with floral print
I was real excited when it came to the jacket category – lots of fantastic options from top brands like Splendid, j.crew, Madewell, TOPSHOP, and Free People. From bomber jackets, long coats, cropped military, floral embroidered, velvet and faux suede – Nordstrom’s has you well covered for the fall. Loving the bright pop of color from the cozy, Girl Quilted Bomber Jacket (now $126.90) from Sincerely Jules.
I was also enthusiastic with the Ruffle Hem Military Jacket (now $99.90) from Free People. This double breasted military jacket with a ruffle peplum hem, frayed edges and crest stamped buttons is just what a fall weather wardrobe needs.
From plaid, embroidered, velvet, cropped, ruffled, long, and faux suede, Nordstom has plenty of fabulous options in the jacket category – the staple of any fall wardrobe. Jacket picks below:
- Quilted Velvet Bomber Jacket (now $89.90) Cozy & Chic!
- Floral Embroidered Jacket (now $38.90) an easy throw on and go
- J.crew Regent Houndstooth Plaid Blazer (now $165.90) my TOP pick
- Crop Military Jacket (now $104.90) Splendid does fab again
- Faux Suede & French Terry Bonded Moto Jacket (now $169.90) by Splendid
- Plaid Topper (now $112.90) a great price for a large scale plaid topcoat
- Raw Ruffle Crop Jacket (now $54.90) a sassy and feminine look
- Long Coat (now $109.90) a Fall must have basic in a great autumn color
The perfect items to stock up on when it comes to the pre-fall season has to be knit tops – the more effortless and cozy, the better. Soft, want to wear all day, sweatshirts are at the top of my list when it comes to fall dressing. The Brushed Hacci Sweatshirt (now $31.90), which comes in the perfect neutral gray and black, is one such item that is at the top of my list. Easy to wear just about anywhere and so easy to dress up with a pencil skirt or down with sweats.
In the knit sale category, plaid, stripe, camo, slouchy tee and or cardigan plays with laid back cool. Other notable picks where the Hunter Plaid Shirt (now $99.90) in red, the Cold Shoulder Tie Sleeve Sweatshirt (now $ 45.90), the Split Back Turtleneck (now $44.90) from Free People, and the Poncho Hoodie (now $72.90) from Beyond Yoga. Top knit picks below:
- Plaid Cotton Blend Shirt (now $31.90) Plaid is a must have for fall
- Double Vee Long Sleeve Tee (now $99.90) I want to live in this
- Off-The-Shoulder Sweater (now $45.90) sporty stripe love
- Hunter Plaid Shirt (now $99.90) the perfect neutral gray plaid
- Subtle Camo Tee (now $31.90) Read all about my love for camo here
- Chill Pill Cardigan (now $57.90) I would throw this over everything
With the likes of AG, Paige, Joe’s, Rag and Bone, and 7 For All Mankind going on super sale – this is a fantastic time to get top name denim brands at super sale prices and my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks in jeans got me excited. A great option to get your jean sale selection started, is The Dre Released Hem Slim Boyfriend Jeans (now $149.90) from Rag & Bone. A sleek slim cuffed boyfriend jean number that shows off your fall booties to perfection. And they paired the jeans with one of my knit top picks, the Double Vee Long Sleeve Tee (now $99.90), from Rag & Bone (pictured with these Booties, also on sale).
I bought my first pair of AG jeans back in 2001 at Anthropologie and I’ve been spoiled ever since. I still wear those same jeans today and they have held up brilliantly. Since then I have bought around 9 pairs through out the years and I still love them all. Check out some more fantastic denim in my Patchwork and Embroidered Denim Post. So I was excited when I found the Ex-Boyfriend Crop Slim Jeans (now $149.90) from AG on sale. More of my top jean picks below:
- Ex-Boyfriend Crop slim Jeans (now $149.90) loving these AG jeans
- b (air) Ankle Skinny Jeans (now $119.93) get your inner rocker chic on
- Josefina Boyfriend Jeans (now $145.90) by 7 For All Mankind
- Transcend Hoxton High Waist Undone Hem Skinny Jeans (now $131.90)
- Flawless-Icon Ankle Skinny Jeans (now $118.90) Flawless is right
A lot to be excited about in the Accessories department, namely in bags, watches and wraps. Kate Spade is hitting it out of the park with her totes and watches. One of my top picks of hers is the Leather Smartphone Crossbody Bag (now $84.90) – what a chic option to carry your smartphone around for easy access (pictured with this fantastic Tote Bag, also on sale).
From leopard print, metallic, embroidered nubuck, butterfly kaleidoscope prints, feather earrings, hobo bags, and chic watches – I was over-whelmed by all the fantastic choices in the Bag and Accessory categories. My top Accessory picks below:
- Small Love Embroidered Nubuck Crossbody Bag (now $183.90)
- Paint Stripe Transport Leather Tote (now $129.90) by Madewell
- Butterfly Kaleidoscope Silk Cape Scarf (now $123.90) by Ted Baker London
- Tamika Genuine Calf Hair & Faux Leather Foldover Clutch (now $52.90)
- Stripe Faux Leather Clutch (now $22.90) love the black and gold
- Metro Novelty Leather Strap Watch (now $129.90) by Kate Spade
- Thomas Leather Strap Watch (now $109.90) sporty & chic
- Metallic Faux Leather Baseball Cap (now $15.90) Metallic is huge for fall
- Huichol Drop Earrings (now $213.90) feather’s are on trend for fall
- Girl Boss Leather Card Holder (now $19.90) every girl boss should have
- Melissa Whipstitch Leather Hobo (now $284.90) a wise investment for fall
When it comes to my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks, shoes have got to be at the top of the list when building a pre-fall wardrobe, and when they’re on super-sale, count me way in. From platform sneakers, metallic, dark floral, or leopard pumps, a faux fur slide, shearling boots, rain boots, and velvet mules – there’s a lot to get excited about. The Hugh Embellished Mule (now $59.90) by Steve Madden stood out in both color and eye-catching embroidered embellishments.
Other stand-outs in the shoe department were the Barris Block Heel Bootie (now $79.90) by Hinge, the Hall Pointy Toe Flat (now $149.90) in black, the Gema Slip On Sneaker (now $52.90) in red velvet, and all the fantastic choices from Ugg. To find out more about current shoe trends, check out my 5 Current Shoe Trends To Wear Right Now. My Top Shoe picks below:
- Hendrix Studded Sandal (now $99.90) by my favorite brand Dolce Vita
- Jianna Stacked Heel Pump (now $79.90) more metallic shoe picks here
- Abbington Ankle Strap Pumps (now $79.90) Dark Floral Perfection
- Camellia Tall Boot (now $149.90) a sleek chic tall boot option
- Noelle Embellished Slip-On Platform Sneaker (now $99.90)
- Constantine Genuine Shearling Boot (now $109.90) Uggs on sale – YES!
- Shimmer Embellished Faux Fur Slide (now $39.90) cozy & bling
- Original Refined Short Rain Boot (now $119.90) by Hunter – A Must Have
- Tia Genuine Calf Hair Pump (now $89.90) a leopard cutie
So many choices, so little time. My Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks list keeps expanding – reminding me that too many choices is a good thing when building my pre-fall wardrobe. Among this long list, everything in the Dresses, Jackets, Knits, Jeans, Accessories, and shoes will be mine. Wait. I just mentioned everything, didn’t I. I’ll report back with my super sale purchases. In the meantime, what are you stalking on super-sale at Nordies for the Anniversary Sale?